Breastfeeding Review is the refereed professional journal of the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) and is distributed three times per year, in March, July and November.
You can receive Breastfeeding Review and a host of other benefits for health professionals by becoming an ABA professional member. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the journal alone by clicking one of the buttons below.
Breastfeeding Review publishes articles and information on human lactation and its management, including original research papers, scientific findings, case studies, articles on social and ethical aspects of lactation, reviews and letters. The submission of papers and articles is welcomed; all are subject to peer review.
- An essential addition to all medical, research and health centre libraries.
- Contains specialised information to keep medical, nursing and allied health professionals up to date with current developments and findings in research on lactation.
- Provides the major Australian avenue for researchers to publish their work on lactation.
- Published three times a year, in March, July and November.
- Indexed by the Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL).
- ISSN 0729 - 2759
OR telephone 03 9690 4620
9.00am - 5.00pm AEST Monday to Friday
Instructions to authors
Breastfeeding Review welcomes the submission of original research papers and articles on human lactation, as well as clinical comments, case studies, reviews and letters. All submissions are read by two or more reviewers.
Please email the Breastfeeding Review editor for author instructions.
To maintain the integrity of the journal's breastfeeding information, the following policy is observed:
- Breastfeeding Review does not accept any original article which has been funded by an infant formula company.
- Breastfeeding Review does not reprint any article funded by an infant formula company.
- Breastfeeding Review does not publish any material that has been funded by an infant formula company, including abstracts, summaries, or reviews.
- Appointments to the Breastfeeding Review editorial panel are for a term of two years and no person who has received funding from, or had association with, an infant formula company within the previous five years may be appointed. Appointment is conditional upon the appointee not accepting infant formula company funding during the term of their appointment.
Last updated 06-Sep-2013