For most mothers the easiest and most efficient way to feed your baby breastmilk is usually at the breast, but there may be occasions when this is not possible and you need to express your milk.
- your baby is premature or unable to suck well
- your baby is in hospital and you can't be there for every feed
- you are in hospital and your baby can't be there for every feed
- you have returned to the paid work force, study or other commitments
- you are leaving your baby with a sitter while you are out, or
- your breasts sometimes feel too full and uncomfortable.
Come and learn the different ways to express so you can choose they best way for you as well as tips to help do it better.
Playarea is open from 10am - join me for a chat & to let the kids play before we start our discussion around 10:30am.
Come along and join other mums for a catch up and chat ... and your first coffee is on us
Your other little ones are welcome to join in and play. Please always be mindful of the venues COVID safe restrictions.
We welcome everyone to come along - invite a friend. Your questions and contributions are welcome and help to reflect the range of parenting experiences. But please be respectful and thoughtful of the choices and situations of others as this can be a sensitive and sometimes challenging topic.
Want to talk about a different topic? Come along regardless - we tailor the conversation around those who attend.
A trained breastfeeding counsellor will lead a discussion but your questions and experiences will guide the discussion.