Welcome to our group
Our group offers information and support at mum2mum gatherings. Come along and connect with other mothers, make new friends and speak with trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors. We have mum2mum gatherings in both Lismore (2nd Friday and 4th Thursday of the month) and Ballina (3rd Tuesday of the month). Please see our calendar for details.
More about our group
The Lismore ABA Group holds mum2mum gatherings in both Lismore and Ballina. These are a chance for you to connect with other mums, share and learn from each other and have some time out with your baby. Your toddlers and support people are also welcome.
Mum 2 mum discussions
- 10am – 12noon on the second Friday each month in the downstairs meeting room of the Lismore Library at 110 Magellan St, Lismore.
- Please come from 10am for a cuppa and chat. The discussion starts at around 10.30am and usually goes for about an hour.
- After the discussion, please stay for another cuppa. You can chat with other mums or you can speak with a breastfeeding counsellor if you have questions.
Park Meet-up - play and chat in the park
- 10am-11.30am on the fourth Thursday each month at Wade Park, Military Rd, East Lismore.
Get out of the house with your little ones and share parenting experiences and morning tea with other mums while the children enjoy some fresh air and exercise together.
We only meet when the weather is fine.
- 11am on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Pelican Room in River Street Childrens Centre Ballina.
- Please gather at 11am for a cuppa followed by a discussion.
- The discussion usually goes for about an hour.
- You can chat with other mums or you can speak with a breastfeeding counsellor if you have questions.
Babies can be unpredictable, so we will understand if you are running late and welcome you all the same. If you are able to bring a plate to share over a cuppa, that would be lovely. If not come along anyway. We prefer not to have any nuts for safety reasons.
Mum2mum gatherings include discussion topics relating to breastfeeding and life with a baby. Occasionally guest speakers on parenting subjects also attend. Everyone shares their experiences so that we can learn from each other and feel supported in our mothering roles.
Trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors attend our meetings to answer any of your breastfeeding questions and provide information about the services offered by the Australian Breastfeeding Assocation.
Our group members come from many different backgrounds. We are all different ages, and so are our children. First time mums have the opportunity to learn from the wealth of experiences shared by other mums. We are all brought together by our interest in breastfeeding and the desire to help and support one another. Many members have formed life-long friendships through their connection with their local ABA group.