Greater Geelong, Vic
Welcome to our group
With the current easing of Covid-19 regulations, we are very pleased to be able to offer face-to-face meetings again as well as monthly online meetings. Social distancing restrictions will remian in place for face-to-face events.
- Our local support group is now meeting three times a month for face-to-face catch-ups as well as monthly via zoom, and we would love you to join us. Find out more on our Calendar tab or Facebook page
- Our antenatal breastfeeding classes have commenced again. Find out more at www.breastfeeding.asn.au/classes
We are continuing to offer breast pump hire in Geelong. Read here about our additional health measures when hiring breast pumps: hiring breast pumps in Geelong
If you are seeking information about breastfeeding and the COVID-19 virus, you might find this page on our website is helpful: www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/covid-19
Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) Greater Geelong group offers breastfeeding information and support to families through local support group meeting and events, antenatal breastfeeding classes, breast pump hire, and much more.
Our support group catch-ups are a great opportunity to meet other mums and discuss all kinds of parenting topics, not just breastfeeding. We meet in a variety of places around the Geelong area. Some events will have a discussion topic, while others are 'chat and play'. We support all families. Mums who are not breastfeeding are always welcome. We chat in a relaxed setting and most meetings have a qualified Breastfeeding Counsellor in attendance who can assist you with any breastfeeding questions, worries or issues you may be having. Our events are very informal and are run by volunteers. There is no need to RSVP, and no-one minds if you’re running late or need to leave early! Check out our Calendar tab for dates.
Everyone is welcome at ABA events, including fathers, friends and grandparents. Babies and children (of all ages) are, of course, welcome too! Pregnant mums are very welcome to come along before their baby arrives. So if you’ve never been to our support group before (or it’s been a while since your last visit), why don’t you come along and say hello? We’d love to see you!
Other support services in Geelong:
- We run antenatal breastfeeding education classes every 3 months.
We hire breast pumps in the Geelong area.
Announcement - Geelong Breastfeeding Drop-in:
We are thrilled to launch our new 'drop-in' breastfeeding support service. Held on the first Tuesday of every month, families are invited to attend with any breastfeeding questions or concerns. Qualified breastfeeding counsellors will be present to offer support, watch a feed, and provide any relevant information and resources. Members and friends also welcome for a cuppa, chat and play.
With the current restrictions on in-person gatherings, many local groups across Australia are running virtual and online get-togethers. You can view our national calendar of events to find a full listing, and attend a group anywhere in Australia.
Where we are
We are the Greater Geelong group. Our area includes Geelong and surroundings suburbs, from Little River to the Bellarine Peninsula, along the coast to Lorne and inland as far as Colac, Cressy and Teesdale.
Click through to see all the suburbs covered by our group.
More about our group
If you have a breastfeeding question or need support today:
- The National Breastfeeding Helpline is available 24/7 on 1800 686 268 (1800 mum 2 mum).
- LiveChat is available 8pm to 10pm (Victorian time) each weeknight on the ABA website.
You might also be interested in:
- Finding out more about the benefits of becoming a member of the Australian Breastfeeding Association.
- Volunteering with ABA.
- The Breastfeeding Welcome Here program or Breastfeeding Welcome Here venues in your local area.
- The ABA online shop: shop.breastfeeding.asn.au