Inner Urban, Vic
Welcome to our group
Welcome to the Inner Urban local group!
Our group offers information and support in our roles as parents. Come along and meet new friends, chat with mothers who have 'been there' and connect with trained breastfeeding volunteers.
Check out our calendar of events and come along to our next get-together. We also offer Breastpump Hire and hold Breastfeeding Education Classes.
More about our group
The Inner Urban Group of the Australian Breastfeeding Association is a group for ABA members located in the inner northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
What to expect at an Inner Urban group meeting:
• All mothers and mothers-to-be are welcome at our get-togethers, whether breast, mixed or formula feeding.
• A friendly and supportive gathering, no matter where you are in your breastfeeding journey
• Non-members are welcome to attend one or two gatherings before becoming members, so bring a friend!
• Babies and children are welcome at get-togethers, as are partners and friends.
• A Breastfeeding Counsellor will be present and available for a chat about any breastfeeding questions you may have.
• There is often an advertised topic of discussion. Please don’t feel limited by this as there is always opportunity for you to raise other issues of interest.
• If you’ve had a good day the host will appreciate a plate of something simple to share for morning tea or supper - but that’s completely optional. Some days, just getting out the door with a new baby can be a major achievement!!