We offer health professionals a unique opportunity to update their skills and knowledge and network with other professionals.
ABA conferences attract leading professionals and researchers from around the world.
Our next conference is our golden jubilee national conference Liquid Gold, being held in Melbourne from 1-3 August 2014. Keynote speakers include Dr James McKenna, Dr Alison Steube, Amy Spangler, Prof Peter Hartmann, Dr Wendy Brodribb and Liz Crowe. Visit the Liquid Gold website for all the details.
Previous conferences have included:
- 2011 Step Up, Reach Out – developing an inclusive breastfeeding society 20-21 October, Canberra ACT
Keynote speakers: Dr Suzanne Colson, Prof Mary Renfrew, Prof Peter Hartmann, Randa Saadeh and Assoc Prof Jane Scott
- 2007 Hot Milk 2-4 August,Melbourne VIC
Keynote speakers: Dr Ted Greiner, Dr Helen L Ball, Paula Meier, Pinky McKay, Steve Biddulph
- 2005 Breastfeeding: The Natural State 28-30 September, Hobart TAS. Borrow - 2005 Breastfeeding: The Natural State
Keynote speakers: James McKenna, Brian Palmer, Peter Hartmann, Sue Cox, Heather Jeffery, Christa Herzog, Christina Smillie, Nancy Mohrbacher
- 2001 Breastfeeding - Ancient Art, Modern Miracle 13-15 September, Brisbane QLD
- 1997 Breastfeeding - The Natural Advantage 23-25 October, Sydney NSW
We deliver a one-day seminar series for health professionals in February/March each year - across Australia and online.
The seminars will help you:
- increase your breastfeeding management skills
- earn professional development points
- network with others in our industry.
Self-paced study modules
You can study from home or work in your own time using ABA's study modules. Each self-paced learning module explores in depth a different lactation topic in an online or print format, depending on the module.
Visit the study modules web page for information on the seven different modules and how to order them.
Diploma of Breastfeeding Management (22168VIC)
This accredited course is designed to meet the specific needs of health professionals. The Diploma of Breastfeeding Management is governed by evidence-based research, and was developed by our Training and Breastfeeding and Information Research departments.
Expressions of interest are open. To register your interest, or be notified of up-to-date course information, please
contact diploma course enquiries.