Central Coast NSW
Welcome to our group
Our group offers information and support in our roles as parents. Come along and meet new friends, chat with mothers who have 'been there' and connect with trained breastfeeding volunteers.
With the current restrictions on in-person gatherings, many local groups across Australia are running virtual and online get-togethers. You can view our national calendar of events to find a full listing, and attend a group anywhere in Australia.
Where we are
NSW Central Coast including Gosford, Woy Woy, Terrigal, Erina, Bateau Bay, Wyong and surrounding areas.
More about our group
The Central Coast NSW Group meets most Fridays (except school and public holidays). On the first and third Fridays of the month we meet at Point Clare Community Hall, while on the second we meet at the Banksia Community Centre, Bateau Bay. (**Please note current changes to meetings due to health precautions in the current COVID-19 pandemic, meetings are moving to online.**)
These get togethers are an opportunity to meet other mums, discuss breastfeeding and parenting ideas and have some morning tea. Dads, partners, carers, friends and older children are always welcome. While a topic is set for each date, our meetings are very informal and there is always an opportunity to discuss other topics of interest within the group or individually with a counsellor.
We invite members and visitors alike to come along and check us out - we love to welcome new faces.
For a copy of our local group bulletin (with details of all our meetings and activities) see the "calendar" section of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer breast pump hire of Ardo Carum, Medela Lactina and Symphony pumps (contact Kathy on 046834PUMP).
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware of the need for additional health measures when hiring breast pumps. We are also aware that mothers will still need to use pumps to express milk for their babies.
We now have updated guidelines for interactions with families and the cleaning of our pumps. These include:
- the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer being well and not having been in contact with anyone who is sick
- options for completing paperwork and payment online
- collecting/returning the breast pump from/to the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer’s doorstep
- stringent cleaning of returned pumps (Please note that it is standard practice that all mothers hiring our pumps are required to purchase their own milk collection kit which is available to buy at the time of hiring.)
- getting breastfeeding and pumping support via telephone on the Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 686 268
- getting pumping and expressing information from our ABA website at: