Dandenong, Vic : Breastfeeding education classes
BREASTFEEDING EDUCATION CLASSES:
Are you expecting a baby, or know someone who is? Australian research has shown that new mothers wish they had recieved more preparation for breastfeeding and the early months of parenting prior to the birth of their baby. The Australian Breastfeeding Association offers informative and comprehensive Breastfeeding Education Classes. Our classes run by the Dandenong Group are held at the Robinson St Breastfeeding Centre.These classes are run by ABA volunteers, and will help you feel more confident about breastfeeding your baby.
WHAT TO BRING:
Yourself and your support person. They might not be doing the breastfeeding, but can be a major support and can be really helpful for them to learn everything with you. It doesn't have to be your partner if they are unable to attend. We welcome you to bring along another family member or support person.
- How breastfeeding works?
- Establishing breastfeeding and the first feed
- Importance of skin-to-skin contact in the first hours and beyond
- Positioning and attachment
- Understanding your milk supply
- Discussion of what is 'normal' for a breastfed baby
- Role of partners in breastfeeding
- Adjusting to parenthood - survival tips for the early days and weeks with a new baby
- Common concerns and problem solving
- Up to date information and notes to keep
- Breastfeeding mother and baby in attendance to demonstrate a breastfeed (when possible!)
Bookings are essential. Check out http://abavicbranch.eventbrite.com.au/ for further details and booking options.