As a health professional, we offer you a unique opportunity to update your skills and knowledge, and network with other leading professionals, with our
We deliver Seminar Series each year - across Australia and online.
Our seminars help you:
- increase your breastfeeding management skills
- earn professional development points (PDP)
- build networks with other professionals in our industry.
The 2018 Annual Health Professional Seminar Series - Breastfeeding: Science to Practice is now!
For more information: https://www.eiseverywhere.com//ehome/ABA2018
Our conferences attract leading professionals, and researchers from around the world. We host conferences every three to four years.
- to register your interest contact Training and Education
Workshops are offered occasionally for health professionals.
All breastfeeding management strategies rely on accurate assessment of breastfeeding, skilled support and thorough and ongoing evaluation. Decisions about interventions including extra milk, medication, nipple shields, expressing and weaning need to be based on expert advice and evidence based practice.
Custom workshops available on request
- to register your interest please Contact Training Education. Please list the details of workshop you want.
Breastfeeding Counselling Two Day Workshop
Date: April 21st & 22nd 2018
Time: 9.00am - 4pm both days
Venue: Australian Breastfeeding Association Head Office: Level 3, Suite 2, 150 Albert Rd, South Melbourne
Presented by: Kate Mortensen Cert IV in Breastfeeding Education (Counselling and Community), IBCLC
Julie Taylor Cert IV in Breastfeeding Education (Counselling and Community). Cert IV TAE, Dip B M, B Phthy
By the end of this training, learners will be able to:
- Develop attributes and attitudes to support clients
- Create a rapport with clients
- Communicate information about breastfeeding
- Support client breastfeeding needs
- Prepare for the breastfeeding counselling process
- Establish and maintain client confidence in the breastfeeding counselling process
- Enable clients to process breastfeeding issues
- Conclude the breastfeeding counselling process
- Evaluate breastfeeding counselling skills
- Prepare for breastfeeding counselling in a culturally diverse environment
- Faciltate culturally appropriate communication during the breastfeeding counselling process
- Manage situations where barriers to communication exist
- Evaluate cultural sensitivity of breastfeeding counselling
Cost (incl'd GST): Member - $400; non-member - $450
Non-member: click here
Member: click here
CERPs and MidPLUS being applied for
10243NAT Diploma of Breastfeeding Management Workshop Schedule
For more information
visit our training for health professionals
view all upcoming conferences and seminars
for lost certificates of attendance, visit previous seminars