To achieve the qualification 10280NAT Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education, the learner must complete 9 units:
- 6 core units
- 3 electives
The units are grouped into clusters.
A statement of attainment will be issued to any learner who has successfully completed one or more units of competency but does not meet the requirements for the qualification.
A valid Unique Student Identifier must be provided to ABA before ABA can issue a qualification or a statement of attainment.
- BFEPRO401 Promote breastfeeding as a representative of the organisation
- BFELEG402 Observe legal and ethical requirements when providing breastfeeding support
Breastfeeding information units cluster
- BFEINF403 Provide breastfeeding information and support
- BFEFAM404 Guide mothers on use of lactation aids family foods and weaning
- BFECHA405 Support mothers to negotiate life changes associated with breastfeeding
- BFEEDU406 Plan organise and implement breastfeeding education and support programs
Breastfeeding counsellor units cluster
Pre-requisites: BFEINF403 is a pre-requisite for BFECSL407, BFECSL408 and BFECSL409.
Co-requisites: BFECSL407 and BFECSL408 are co-requisite units and must be selected together.
- BFECSL407 Work within the breastfeeding counselling process
- BFECSL408 Empower mothers through breastfeeding counselling
- BFECSL409 Counsel on breastfeeding situations and problems
Community education units cluster
- BFECOM410 Provide peer based breastfeeding support as a community educator
- BFEPRO411 Implement initiatives to protect breastfeeding
- BFECHC412 Create a breastfeeding friendly child care environment
- BFMSLP513 Use infant sleep and settling methods that support the breastfeeding relationship
- BFMEMG515 Manage infant and young child feeding outcomes in emergency situations
- CBMWRK001 Work as a community breastfeeding mentor
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- CHCVOL002 Lead volunteer teams
- PSPGEN032 Deal with conflict
For more information
See 10280NAT Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education pre-course information (personal members only)