South Western Sydney, NSW
Welcome to our group
Our group offers information and support in our roles as parents. Come along and meet new friends, chat with mothers who have 'been there' and connect with trained breastfeeding volunteers.
With the current restrictions on in-person gatherings, many local groups across Australia are running virtual and online get-togethers. You can view our national calendar of events to find a full listing, and attend a group anywhere in Australia.
More about our group
The South Western Sydney Group covers a large geographical area in South Western Sydney from Fairfield, Liverpool, Ingleburn to Campbelltown and all suburbs in between. Regular meetings are held at venues in Liverpool, Fairfield and Ingleburn. Please refer to the calendar for more details on the meetings.
The group leader is Sophie. The group’s breastfeeding counsellors are Gillian, Lauren, Liana, Linda, Rebecca and Sophie.
Our group offers:
- Monthly group meetings
- Trained breastfeeding counsellors and community educators
- Hospital grade breast pump hire
- A library with books & DVDs
- Breastfeeding Education Classes
- A closed Facebook group
- Support and friendship regardless of the path your breastfeeding journey takes
A breastfeeding counsellor is generally available at all of our gatherings if you would like to discuss any concerns in private.
You can also expect at our face to face groups:
- willing hands to hold your baby, if you would like a break!
- a hot cuppa and yummy food
- a caring and accepting environment
- an opportunity to share parenting ideas
- up-to-date breastfeeding information
- encouragement to achieve your breastfeeding goals
- understanding about life with babies and children
All mothers are welcome at all meetings – even if your breastfeeding journey has finished or was short-lived.
There’s no need to worry about being late for an ABA meeting; come when you can, leave when you must.