Would you like to be part of the incredible Australia-wide team of breastfeeding educators who staff ABA's LiveChat service? ABA's LiveChat provides mums, parents and families with live evidence-based information and answers to key breastfeeding questions when they are needed most.
Breastfeeding educators help mums reach their individual breastfeeding goals by providing evidence-based information and answering breastfeeding questions on LiveChat.
Find out more about the role of the ABA Breastfeeding Educator by viewing our information eModule.
- A minimum of 8 hours per month during the first 2 years of service after qualifying
- 2 hours per month thereafter
Requirements of the role
- Current member of ABA
- Agree to abide by ABA’s Code of Ethics and policies
- Working with Children's check or equivalent
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated awareness of the importance of breastfeeding and understanding of the mother-baby breastfeeding dyad and relationship.
- Ability to provide breastfeeding support in accordance with ABA’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to self-manage workload to meet ABA volunteering commitments.
- Basic IT skills and ability to access and use the internet.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of team and contribute to the motivation and encouragement of team goals and team development.
What you can expect from ABA?
- A sponsored traineeship including a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education
- Ongoing professional education
- Online and in-person peer support
- Recognition and acknowledgement of your contribution
- The deep sense of satisfaction that comes from making a difference
This remote volunteering role can be performed anywhere in Australia.