The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) is the Australian Government agency responsible for supporting and investing in sport and physical activity at all levels. The ASC unites two entities: Sport Australia — responsible for driving the broader sport sector including participation, physical activity and industry growth and the Australian Institute of Sport — leading our high performance sport system.
Our main campus is located in Bruce, Canberra, with other offices in Melbourne, Sydney and the AIS European Training Centre in Varese, Italy.
The ASC has been a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace since 2016. Employees who are breastfeeding are provided with the facilities and support necessary to enable them to continue breastfeeding for as long as required.
The ASC also offers staff the following benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance:
- Paid Parental/Maternity Leave
- Supporting Paid Partner Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Lactation and Quiet Rooms
- Priority access to the on-site childcare centre (Canberra)
- Access to on-site gymnasium and aquatic centre (Canberra)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free skin cancer checks
- Annual influenza immunisations