Mount Barker and District, SA : Breast pumps
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) hires electric breast pumps for mothers to express milk for their baby.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware of the need for additional health measures when hiring breast pumps. We are also aware that mothers will still need to use pumps to express milk for their babies.
We now have updated guidelines for interactions with families and the cleaning of our pumps. These include:
- the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer being well and not having been in contact with anyone who is sick
- options for completing paperwork and payment online
- collecting/returning the breast pump from/to the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer’s doorstep
- stringent cleaning of returned pumps (Please note that it is standard practice that all mothers hiring our pumps are required to purchase their own milk collection kit which is available to buy at the time of hiring.)
- getting breastfeeding and pumping support via telephone on the Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 686 268
- getting pumping and expressing information from our ABA website at:
All breast pumps for hire are hospital-grade. They are available for short or long term hire.
Become an ABA member to receive a 50% discount on breast pump hire.
Type of pump
Cost per week
Both the Ardo Carum and Calypso breast pumps are endorsed by the Australian Breastfeeding Association. Ardo is in full compliance with the International Code of Marketing Breastmilk Substitutes (WHO Code).
You will also need a milk collection kit to connect to the pump you hire. If you do not already have one, you can buy the kit when you hire a pump. Costs vary from time to time – ask your ABA breast pump hire officer for current prices.
Breastpumps hired by this group
Choosing to hire through ABA gives you access to trained breastfeeding counsellors. They can provide personalised counselling about your own breastfeeding situation. They can give suggestions on expressing and storing breastmilk.
Depending on availability, breastpumps can be collected from Murray Bridge, and sometimes by arrangement from a Hills location. Please contact Carolyn on 0434 890 292 to discuss.