Breastfeeding: an introduction provides a basic outline of the key aspects of breastfeeding.
- Information on why breastfeeding and breastmilk are important
- Tips to prepare to breastfeed before your baby arrives
- Details on how breastfeeding works
- Instructions to help breastfeed in the early days after birth including useful diagrams and images
- Common concerns that mothers may have in the early days of breastfeeding including sore nipples, engorgement, milk supply etc…
- Tips to help you settle in at home with your baby
- Why night feeds are important for your baby and your supply
- Looking after yourself and your emotions with a new baby
- Information for partners to help support you, the baby and breastfeeding
- Ways in which a new baby may impact your sex life
- How you and your partner may be feeling about sex after a new baby.