What is a community educator?
Our community educators are trained volunteers who promote breastfeeding in the community.
- hold a nationally-recognised 10280NAT Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education (Community) or equivalent
- continually update their breastfeeding knowledge and skills through ongoing training
- can be male or female
What do community educators do?
Our community educators:
- develop and deliver breastfeeding education programs
- advocate for breastfeeding
- run local support group meetings
- help administer their local support group, and more.
If you are a personal member, view the Community educator position description
Community educators do not offer counselling
Community educators provide general information about breastfeeding. They do not counsel mothers on individual breastfeeding problems. If a mother requires counselling, a community educator will refer her to a breastfeeding counsellor.
How do I become a Community Educator?
See our training for volunteer roles