The University of Canberra is a public university which is located in Bruce, Canberra, A.C.T.
UC aspires to be a university that values equity and diversity, and seeks to embody these values in its staff, students, academic programs and relations with the community. In particular, the University:
- recognises, encourages and celebrates students from all sections of society;
- promotes an environment that fosters fairness, equity and respect for social and cultural diversity;
- supports students and staff to reach their full potential through the promotion of reasonable expectations and provision of an inclusive learning climate;
- offers programs that aim to overcome disadvantage for student and staff equity groups; and
- ensures that staff and students are aware of their rights and responsibilities as members of the University community.
Having a strong tradition as an employer of choice, the University of Canberra remains committed to providing a range of flexible working arrangements aimed at assisting employees to meet family and personal obligations and to support a healthy work-life balance.
UC recognises the importance of breastfeeding for both carers and babies and aims to provide a family friendly environment. In addition to providing a supportive environment for breastfeeding women, University of Canberra has been accredited as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace since 2013.