Hornsby-Berowra, NSW : Breast pumps
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) hires electric breast pumps for mothers to express milk for their baby.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware of the need for additional health measures when hiring breast pumps. We are also aware that mothers will still need to use pumps to express milk for their babies.
We now have updated guidelines for interactions with families and the cleaning of our pumps. These include:
- the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer being well and not having been in contact with anyone who is sick
- options for completing paperwork and payment online
- collecting/returning the breast pump from/to the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer’s doorstep
- stringent cleaning of returned pumps (Please note that it is standard practice that all mothers hiring our pumps are required to purchase their own milk collection kit which is available to buy at the time of hiring.)
- getting breastfeeding and pumping support via telephone on the Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 686 268
- getting pumping and expressing information from our ABA website at:
All breast pumps for hire are hospital-grade. They are available for short or long term hire.
Become an ABA member to receive a 50% discount on breast pump hire.
Type of pump
Cost per week
Both the Ardo Carum and Calypso breast pumps are endorsed by the Australian Breastfeeding Association. Ardo is in full compliance with the International Code of Marketing Breastmilk Substitutes (WHO Code).
You will also need a milk collection kit to connect to the pump you hire. If you do not already have one, you can buy the kit when you hire a pump. Costs vary from time to time – ask your ABA breast pump hire officer for current prices.
Breastpumps hired by this group
- Antonia 0418 166 655]
- Our pumps are currently at Hornsby and our Medela Symphony and Ameda Elites are available again as they have now been tested and tagged.
If you do not already have one, you will also need to buy a milk collection kit to connect to the pump you hire. A double kit is $70. You may find considering becoming an ABA member makes sense if hiring for 2+ weeks. Membership is $70 a year and entitles you to half price pump hire. (Also includes Breastfeeding Naturally book, mysavings, Essence mag plus more).
What happens when I hire a pump from ABA?
Call to check pump availability and arrange to collect the pump from the local breast pump hiring officer’s house.Hire will include a bit of paperwork, a chat to make sure the pump is right for you, and a demonstration of assembly and operation.
For how long can I hire a pump?
For as long as you need it. You can extend your period of hire and make additional payments as necessary.
How do I know the pumps are safe?
All our pumps for hire are regularly tested and tagged, and serviced according to State and Territory regulations.