Breastfeeding: caesarean births and epidurals covers events that may happen during labour and birth and how they can affect breastfeeding.
- Types of caesarean births and how these may affect breastfeeding
- How epidural may affect breastfeeding
- How IV fluids may affect your baby's weight at birth and weight loss after birth
- How partners and support people can help
- The benefits of keeping a mother and her new baby together after birth
- Positioning and attachment for breastfeeding
- A template for a Breastfeeding Plan that you can take to hospital with your Birth Plan
- Information on situations where you may need to be separated from your baby after birth and how to support breastfeeding during this time
- Tips on managing caring for your baby after a caesarean birth.