During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are aware of the need for additional health measures when hiring breast pumps. We are also aware that mothers will still need to use pumps to express milk for their babies.
We now have updated guidelines for interactions with families and the cleaning of our pumps. These include:
- the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer being well and not having been in contact with anyone who is sick
- options for completing paperwork and payment online
- collecting/returning the breast pump from/to the ABA Breast Pump Hire Officer’s doorstep
- stringent cleaning of returned pumps (Please note that it is standard practice that all mothers hiring our pumps are required to purchase their own milk collection kit which is available to buy at the time of hiring.)
- getting breastfeeding and pumping support via telephone on the Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 686 268
- getting pumping and expressing information from our ABA website at:
More information about breast pump hire
Find out more about hiring a breast pump from ABA.
Video guides for setting up your hired breast pump
**The ABA fully supports The WHO International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent WHA resolutions. This video has been developed by the ABA for the sole purpose of demonstrating how to set up a Symphony pump. It is by no means a recommendation or endorsement of the brand or their products.
Information about expressing and storing breastmilk
Find out more about expressing and storing breastmilk.