Welcome to our group
Our group offers information and support in our roles as parents. Come along and meet new friends, chat with mothers who have 'been there' and connect with trained breastfeeding volunteers.
With the current restrictions on in-person gatherings, many local groups across Australia are running virtual and online get-togethers. You can view our national calendar of events to find a full listing, and attend a group anywhere in Australia.
More about our group
ABA would like to advise its members, visitors, and supporters that we will be suspending all face-to-face meetings effective immediately. This includes group morning teas, evening meets and Breastfeeding Education Classes. This page is up to date as at 4th April 2020.
**What about local catch ups currently and into the future?**
Orange ABA are currently running fortnightly ONLINE mothers catch ups during school terms. This is our plan for Term 2 2020, afterwhich we will re-evaluate in line with relevant laws and guidelines at that time. We would encourage all new or experienced mothers to join us for a bit of socialisation amongst caring for your little ones. We will have a good chat and also have experienced Breastfeeding Counsellors or Breastfeeding Community Educators available to answer your breastfeeding queries in either a group setting, or using a function where you can enter an individual online session one on one. To access these catch ups, you can check our events tab on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ababathurstorangedubbo, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**How can you access breastfeeding help?**
ABA exists to support breastfeeding mums, babies and families – and we’re continuing to do that! We work with families, health professionals and other community members to provide this support and information through a range of channels that will remain in operation.
If you need breastfeeding information or support, for yourself or someone else, you can access this via:
- The National Breastfeeding Helpline – breastfeeding counsellors available 24/7 on 1800 686 268 (freecall)
- ABA’s LiveChat webchat service – available via our website at breastfeeding.asn.au – currently 8-10pm, Monday to Friday, but keep an eye out for any expanded hours
- Breastfeeding articles, downloadable booklets, and other resources – also available via our website
- The ABA Feed Safe app to assist you in making decisions regarding alcohol consumption while breastfeeding – available for iPhone and Android
- The ABA ‘Mum2Mum’ app available for iPhone and Android
- If you have a medical question, please contact your trusted health advisor. Alternatively, you can contact one of the resources/hotlines listed in our "Breastfeeding and prescription medications" article on the website to discuss questions related to medical issues and breastfeeding (link in comments)
- You can also find up-to-date information and recommendations regarding breastfeeding and COVID-19 on our website - link in comments
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we make changes to help us continue helping mums, babies and families in the region.
The following has been cancelled at this time:
Orange Group meet every second Friday from 10.00am during school terms, with some extra coffee catch-ups or evening get togethers throughout the year. For a complete and up to date schedule of upcoming events, please visit our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/ababathurstorangedubbo or check our calendar here on the ABA website (please note that regular meets are listed here but additional events will only appear on the Facebook page).
These get togethers are an opportunity to meet other mums, discuss breastfeeding and parenting ideas and have some morning tea. If you wish to bring something to share for morning tea, please do so. Partners, carers, friends and older children are always welcome.
A breastfeeding counsellor is always available at our Friday morning tea to answer any breastfeeding questions. All counselling is treated as strictly confidential.