Welcome to our group
For the remainder of 2021 all face to face events have been suspended for our group. There are opportunities to connect online via the Zoom platform. Join us to meet new friends, chat with mothers who have 'been there', be the mother who has 'been there' for someone else and connect with trained breastfeeding volunteers. Please check our calendar for details.
Restrictions and venue availability mean we cannot offer local Breastfeeding Education Classes. Our popular Breastfeeding Education Live sessions continue to run each week. We encourage you to book in if you are pregnant and wanting to learn more about breastfeeding before your baby arrives.
Breast pump hire continues to be available.
With the current restrictions on in-person gatherings, many local groups across Australia are running virtual and online get-togethers. You can view our national calendar of events to find a full listing, and attend a group anywhere in Australia.
More about our group
ABA Orange is BACK! We have some new precautions in place to ensure that we comply with Covid-19 requirements and appreciate your cooperation when you attend any of our events.
Term 4 2020:
We are having group catch-ups (short walk & park play) at Elephant Park once a fortnight on Friday's at 10.15 to 11.45am.
Everyone is welcome, new parents, experienced parents, those who are breastfeeding or bottle feeding, friends, grandparents, etc. ABA Membership is not required but is appreciated if you are able to contribute. Arrive and leave anytime that suits you, we often have mothers coming beforehand or staying afterwards with friends. These get togethers are an opportunity to meet other parents, discuss breastfeeding and parenting ideas and have some morning tea (please byo).
What happens at our group catch-up?
We meet near the park at 10.15, head off for a walk around 10.30 and then back to the park for the older kids to play. We aim to have a breastfeeding counsellor at every event for those who have breastfeeding or parenting questions or concerns.
For a complete and up to date schedule of upcoming events, please visit our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/ababathurstorangedubbo or check our calendar here on the ABA website (please note that regular meets are listed here but additional events will only appear on the Facebook page).
**How can you access breastfeeding help?**
ABA exists to support breastfeeding mums, babies and families – and we’re continuing to do that! We work with families, health professionals and other community members to provide this support and information through a range of channels that will remain in operation.
If you need breastfeeding information or support immediately, for yourself or someone else, or you cannot make a group meet up, you can access the support you need via:
- The National Breastfeeding Helpline – breastfeeding counsellors available 24/7 on 1800 686 268 (free call)
- ABA’s LiveChat webchat service – available via our website at breastfeeding.asn.au – currently 8-10pm, Monday to Friday, but keep an eye out for any expanded hours
- Breastfeeding articles, downloadable booklets, and other resources – also available via our website
- The ABA Feed Safe app to assist you in making decisions regarding alcohol consumption while breastfeeding – available for iPhone and Android
- The ABA ‘Mum2Mum’ app available for iPhone and Android
- If you have a medical question, please contact your trusted health advisor. Alternatively, you can contact one of the resources/hotlines listed in our "Breastfeeding and prescription medications" article on the website to discuss questions related to medical issues and breastfeeding (link in comments)
- You can also find up-to-date information and recommendations regarding breastfeeding and COVID-19 on our website - link in comments
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we make changes to help us continue helping mums, babies and families in the region.