ABA volunteer breastfeeding counsellors and breastfeeding educators provide many of the Association’s services to mothers and educating the community.
Find out more:
- Check what is involved in training to become an ABA breastfeeding counsellor or breastfeeding educator
- By reading some of our volunteers’ stories
- See what volunteering options are available in local groups and what kinds of activities you can help with across the Association
- Check out any specific vacant positions needed by the Association
- From time to time we also run online Volunteering with ABA sessions that you are welcome to attend
What do you need to do to be an ABA volunteer?
All ABA volunteers need to undertake a basic online induction to Workplace Health and Safety.
Some volunteering roles require ABA personal membership and an agreement to abide by ABA’s Code of Ethics. These volunteers are also encouraged to undertake an induction to volunteering with ABA. All members can access this as an online presentation through the member-only My ABA page. You can find out more by talking to your local group leader.
Interested in volunteering with ABA? We’d love to hear from you!