A podcast and blog supporting you through breastfeeding and beyond
Breastfeeding ... with ABA is a podcast and blog about breastfeeding, made by parents, for parents.
Covering the questions you want answers to, you’ll hear our volunteers and experts talk about what to expect in the early days, supply, sleep, poo and much more.
Backed up by evidence from a source you can trust, Breastfeeding ... with ABA will support you through breastfeeding and beyond.
You’ll also hear breastfeeding stories from real mums, dads and grandparents, sharing their challenges and triumphs.
Check out the latest from Breastfeeding ... with ABA below.
- Ep 30 - Breastfeeding stories ... breastfeeding and community. Skye's story of breastfeeding their six children.
- Ep 29 - Breastfeeding stories ... maternal autism. Joey's story of breastfeeding with autism.
- Ep 28 - You don't need a bottle to have a break. Taking a break while breastfeeding.
- Ep 27 - Breastfeeding ... and allergies: Part 2. Amelia's story of breastfeeding a child with allergies.
- Ep 26 - Breastfeeding ... and allergies: Part 1. Talking about breastfeeding and allergies with Joy Anderson.
- Ep 25 - Breastfeeding stories ... finger feeding and returning to the breast. Sarah's story of persistence.
- Ep 24 - The lasagne effect. Breastfeeding, snacks and meals.
- Ep 23 - Breastfeeding stories ... fly-in fly-out work and breastfeeding. Katie's story of breastfeeding and FIFO work.
- Ep 22 - Breastfeeding and alcohol. Making decisions about alcohol and breastfeeding.
- Ep 21 - Big boobs, little boobs and everything in between. Breastfeeding, boobs of all sizes and the changes they go through.
- Ep 20 - Breastfeeding stories ... eleven years of breastfeeding. Kate's story of breastfeeding her three children.
- Ep 19 - The role of nutrients and nutrition in the first 1000 days of life. Talking breastfeeding with special guest Dr Treasure McGuire.
- Ep 18 - What is a breastfeeding counsellor? Find out more about what a breastfeeding counsellor does.
- Ep 17 - Breastfeeding stories ... first-time breastfeeder, third-time mum. Pam's story of breastfeeding her third child.
- Ep 16 - Breastfeeding stories ... super leftie. Adele's story of one sided breastfeeding.
- Ep 15 - Mastitis ... are we just like cows? Talking breastfeeding with special guest Prof. Wendy Ingman.
- Ep 14 - The 4-month-old baby. Talking about the changes as newborn babies develop and grow.
- Ep 13 - World Breastfeeding Week 2021: Protect breastfeeding, a shared responsibility. Breastfeeding isn’t just up to mums! Support from everyone is vital to success.
- Ep 12 - Supporting the LGBTQIA+ community. How we're supporting LGBTQIA+ families to feed and nourish their children.
- Ep 11 - Supporting the new mother. How dads, partners, grandparents and loved ones can support new mums and babies.
- Ep 10 - Breastfeeding stories ... relactation. Monica's story about relactation.
- Ep 9 - How to stop the top-ups (Season 1 Episode 9). Information for mothers who want to exclusively breastfeed or reduce top-ups.
- Ep 8 - Where is my village? Talking about support for mothers.
- Ep 7 - Breastfeeding … and sleep. Talking about the feed-play-sleep furphy and what is normal for night-time sleep.
- Ep 6 - Why is my supply low? Talking about breastmilk supply.
- Ep 5 - Breastfed babies and poo. No one talks about poo more than a new parent!
- Ep 4 - Ouch! What happens when nipples crack? Talking about sore or damaged nipples.
- Ep 3 - The juice on when my milk comes in. Breastmilk and breastfeeding in the first days.
- Ep 2 - Early days: what do you need to know? Talking about preparing for breastfeeding.
- Ep 1 - ntroducing Breastfeeding … with ABA. Why is breastmilk and breastfeeding important? And what is the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA)?
- You don't need a bottle to have a break. Taking a break while breastfeeding.
- The lasagne effect. Information on breastfeeding timing and schedules.
- Can I get you a drink? Breastfeeding and alcohol. Kirsten shares the story of her first night out away from her baby.
- What’s size got to do with it? Whether your boobs resemble fried eggs, tennis balls, pawpaw or watermelons, there's a breastfeeding technique for you!
- Better Together - Volunteering with ABA. Celebrating National Volunteer Week 2022.
- Thank you Big Boob, thank you Little Boob. Jess's story of one sided breastfeeding.
- The 4-month-old baby. Changes as newborn babies develop and grow.
- Supporting the LGBTQIA+ community. How we're supporting LGBTQIA+ families to feed and nourish their children.
- Supporting the new mother. How dads, partners, grandparents and loved ones can support new mums and babies.
- Help - I can’t stop the top-ups! Information for mothers who want to exclusively breastfeed or reduce top-ups.
- Where is my village? Information about support for mothers.
- Breastfeeding … and sleep. Breastfed babies DO sleep.
- Why is my supply low? Information about breastmilk supply.
- Breastfed babies and poo. No one talks about poo more than a new parent!
- Ouch! What happens when nipples crack? Information about sore or damaged nipples.
- Hang on, where’s my milk? The juice on when my milk comes in. Breastmilk and breastfeeding in the first days.
- Early days - what do you need to know? Preparing for breastfeeding.
- Introducing Breastfeeding … with ABA. Starting your breastfeeding journey? Subscribe to our new podcast and blog!
Produced by: Belinda Chambers, Eleanor Kippen and Jessica Leonard, together with the Breastfeeding ... with ABA Working Group.
With support from ABA National Support Office and Volunteer Working Groups: Breastfeeding Information and Research (BIR) team, Marketing and Operations team, Helpline Services and Volunteer Support team, Proofreading and Approval Working Group (PRAWG) and The ABA Meme Team working group.
Have questions, compliments or feedback about Breastfeeding … with ABA?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org