Are you looking for an interesting challenge? Do you want to contribute to a worthwhile cause?
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) is Australia’s largest not-for-profit breastfeeding information and support service, providing information and support for more than 80,000 women each year.
Our current vacancies are listed below.
WA Health Project Officer - Paid Position
Are you passionate about breastfeeding education and support services in the West Australian Community? We are currently looking for a Health Project Officer for our WA Branch who can build on and maintain our key partnerships within the WA Health Sector and Government Bodies across the state.
This newly created position reports to the ABA West Australia Branch President and will be working alongside our dedicated volunteers across the state. The focus of the role is building and maintaining ABA partnerships with government agencies, WA health services and exploring other opportunities for the ABA to further promote our breastfeeding support services. This will be achieved by creatively and proactively promoting the work of ABA within the health sector, utilising the wealth of information and resources available in the ABA. You will also be drawing upon your knowledge and experience of volunteering for the ABA to encourage community engagement and identify opportunities for collaboration with key stakeholders in the community such as country health and Midwifery programmes.
This is a 12 month contract position working part time, flexible 15 hours per week, located in Western Australia.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You will have Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver various marketing initiatives
- Ability to liaise directly with health professionals and community groups
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite, internet skills) this is essential
- Organisational skills and time management, being able to work on multiple initiatives at once
- Ability to work autonomously and be accountable for your workload and deliver the agreed outcomes
- Management of budgets and financially accountable
- Ability to enter data and produce reports on achievements and opportunities
You will also have the following:
- Awareness of ABA’s services for parents and health professionals alike
- Understanding of the needs of pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers and new parents in relation to breastfeeding
- Knowledge of the relevant health services in Western Australia
- Understanding of voluntary organisations and commitment to volunteerism
- Knowledge and understanding of the ABAs Vision and Mission and strategic framework and willingness to uphold ABAs values in your work
If the above sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for please click here to view the detailed position description. If you have any further questions or wish to discuss the position please contact Julia, WA Branch President, on 0400763807.
To apply for the role please send a CV and cover letter addressing the essential criteria to Julia Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes 27th October 2021.
Social Media Coordinator (LinkedIn) – National Support Office - Volunteering Opportunity
The Growth & Engagement team is looking for a Social Media Coordinator focusing on LinkedIn.
The National Support Office (NSO) Social Media Administrator (LinkedIn) is responsible for increasing reach and engagement on LinkedIn. The successful candidate will be required to engage in community comments and messages, develop content, and work with the NSO Social Media Administration team to create posts.
Potential candidates for this role will:
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide timely, prompt support to the NSO Social Media Administration team and Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Experience with LinkedIn essential.
Experience in public relations, marketing or communications roles is highly desirable, as is a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education.
The average time required for this role is 15-20 hours per month. Hours are flexible and the work can be done remotely.
Expressions of interest
To find out more or express your interest, please contact Victoria Khroundina email@example.com indicating why you’re interested and attaching your CV.
Position Description is attached at the bottom of this page.
Administrative Assistant – National Support Office - Volunteering Opportunity
- Assisting with despatch of resources
- Processing online orders
- Helping with the Breastfeeding Welcome Here mailouts
- Updating registers
- Working with Excel spreadsheets
- Database updates
- Customer engagement either by email or telephone
Thank you for your interest in working with the Australian Breastfeeding Association!