Are you looking for an interesting challenge? Do you want to contribute to a worthwhile cause?
The Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) is Australia’s largest not-for-profit breastfeeding information and support service, providing information and support for more than 80,000 women each year.
Our current vacancies are listed below.
National Volunteer Support Officer - Paid Position
Reporting to the Senior Manager Helpline Services & Volunteer Support, the purpose of this role is to coordinate volunteer support programs that develop and maintain a sustainable, motivated and well supported volunteer workforce.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with a committed and passionate team of volunteers and paid staff in a high achieving and rewarding team environment.
Whilst this role to be ideally based at ABA’s national office in Melbourne, the opportunity for flexible work arrangements can be discussed. Employment is for 22.5 hours a week and can be flexible to suit school hours.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
- Either a three year degree (any relevant field) with two years experience in volunteer support and program coordination OR a Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs with substantial years of relevant experience
- Strong people skills including the proven ability to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, engage, consult, collaborate and negotiate with volunteers and paid staff members
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, work independently, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work as part of team and contribute to the motivation and achievement of team goals
All applications must address the selection criteria as outlined above to be considered for this role. Applications with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a resume should be uploaded through SEEK here.
As this role is to be filled ASAP, all applications will be considered immediately upon submission and interviews carried out promptly.
For a full Position Description please see attachment at the bottom of this page.
Essence Editor – Volunteering Opportunity for an ABA member
The Breastfeeding Information and Research team is looking for a new Essence editor.
Potential candidates for this role will:
- Have strong writing and proofreading skills
- Have high level interpersonal and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, with the ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and be well organised.
Experience in publishing/editing roles is desirable as is a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education.
The average time required for this role is 20 hours per month. Some months will require 5 to 10 hours and others up to 40 hours (to meet publication deadlines).
Expressions of interest
Support will be provided by the current Essence editor for the new person taking on this role. To find out more or express your interest, please contact Naomi Hull email@example.com indicating why you’re interested and please attach your CV.
Position Description is attached at the bottom of this page.
Casual Administrative Officer SANT Branch Office - Paid Position
SANT Branch is seeking a Casual Administrative Officer to support the work of the branch office, based at 295 South Terrace, Adelaide. The position is casual and needed to provide leave cover. Please see the attached Position Description for details of the role.
For any enquiries please contact the SANT Branch President Wendy Bruge at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line "Casual Administrative Officer SANT"
To apply, please forward a covering letter (one page maximum) along with a CV to email@example.com with the subject line "Casual Administrative Officer SANT". Applications close at 5pm on Friday 3rd of September.
Administrative Assistant – National Support Office - Volunteering Opportunity
- Assisting with despatch of resources
- Processing online orders
- Helping with the Breastfeeding Welcome Here mailouts
- Updating registers
- Working with Excel spreadsheets
- Database updates
- Customer engagement either by email or telephone
Thank you for your interest in working with the Australian Breastfeeding Association!